I’m breaking my first rule and writing about photography not photoshop. I’m hoping though that one helps the other….
Photography as a recreation is great, a chance to express oneself, to create, to produce an image of beauty. That is unless you sit at home, looking out the window saying “but there’s nothing to take pictures of”.
So, here’s a couple of ideas;
Geocaching is a high-tech treasure hunting game played throughout the world by adventure seekers equipped with GPS devices. The basic idea is to locate hidden containers, called geocaches, outdoors and then share your experiences online. Geocaching is enjoyed by people from all age groups, with a strong sense of community and support for the environment.
What’s great about Geocaching is that it often takes you to places you didn’t even know existed. Quite often the cache is hidden somewhere of interest, beauty or historical significance. These are places that just scream to be photographed.
Its a great family activity too, so while you’re shooting the lovely landscape the kids can be busy searching for treasure.
Many mobile phones have GPS on them and Geocache offer free software. In my experience, this is often, if not always, better than using a traditional hand-held GPS unit.
Have fun, just don’t disturb the squirrels!
2. Use the tab above to access the Not-So-Glamorous-But-Does-The-Job-Inspire-O-Tron.
I have tinkered with a phrase generator to generate random inspirational words and phrases. So, if you are stuck, have a click and see what interpretation you can put to a simple idea.
Send me a link if you publish your pictures, I’d love to see what you came up with.
Yesterday saw Photoshop Focus Guide in the shops, a bit pricey at £7.99 but it has some really good content. This months issue: Advanced Photo Editing
Favorites of the Day
Web Tutorial : Design a Dark and Misty Mountain with Distant City Scene in Photoshop at PSD Vault
Thank you To:
John: For pointing out that the word Independent was spelt wrong in the header. Oops
Jock : For advice, help and encouragement with the blog.
That’s Wednesday then children, run off and play.
- Tippy’s Quiz Night: Photoshop Selections
- Introducing Tippy’s Quiz Night!
- What’s What? Live! Discovering Passion, Resilience, and Nordic Workshops with Special Guest Dave Williams
- Social Media Image Sizing with Adobe Express
- From Stanford to Lynda, then LinkedIn Learning and Adobe. Jan Kabili’s Journey
- 3 Photoshop Techniques for Effortless Social Media Sizing
- Unveiling the Multifaceted World of Technology and Creativity with David McClelland
- New Things and Reminiscing. What’s What? Live! with Special Guest Dave Cross
- Unlocking Creativity: Exploring Adobe Express with Jordan Dené Ellis
- Exploring Comics and Mental Health: A Livestream Chat with Lucy Sullivan