Some readers might remember that I wrote about bringing Kuler color themes into Photoshop some time ago, it was a real frustration that to me, and I dare say many others, that you couldn’t connect to you own Kuler themes directly from Photoshop. Well, I’m pleased to say those days are over!
Why You Need Kuler
Kuler, in it’s simlest form, allows the user to combine colors that compliment each other in various ways, be it in shade, tone or opposite side of a color wheel. Once you have a theme you can save it to your Creative Cloud for use in other Adobe Products.
What I love the most however, is that I can see a theme I like and can capture it using the Kuler app on my phone and have it sitting waiting for me when I get to Photoshop!
This isn’t just great for designers, if you’re a web designer, compositor, digital painter….. the list is endless, I think you’ll like this app / panel combo.
Installing Photoshop Kuler Panel
01 : The Creative Cloud makes this as pain free as it comes. First you need to head off to;
And click on the Kuler App (You’ll notice it’s free)
02: This screen comes next. Confirming its lovely free-ness
04 : You’ll get a reminder to make sure syncing is turned on, with more information should you need it.
04 : Put the kettle on. The Creative Cloud is doing the rest for you;
05 : You’re ready to go:
- Tippy’s Quiz Night: Photoshop Selections
- Introducing Tippy’s Quiz Night!
- What’s What? Live! Discovering Passion, Resilience, and Nordic Workshops with Special Guest Dave Williams
- Social Media Image Sizing with Adobe Express
- From Stanford to Lynda, then LinkedIn Learning and Adobe. Jan Kabili’s Journey
- 3 Photoshop Techniques for Effortless Social Media Sizing
- Unveiling the Multifaceted World of Technology and Creativity with David McClelland
- New Things and Reminiscing. What’s What? Live! with Special Guest Dave Cross
- Unlocking Creativity: Exploring Adobe Express with Jordan Dené Ellis
- Exploring Comics and Mental Health: A Livestream Chat with Lucy Sullivan