With the update from Photoshop CC 2014 to Photoshop CC 2015 Adobe make a lot of great changes, as always there were the headline grabbers but there were a few little tweaks that didn’t hit the ‘wow factor’ but are still worth a mention. One of these is the move and replacement for Save For Web.
It was a handy dialogue box with everything you need in one place, so where’s it gone?
If you really want to keep using Save For Web then it still exists, but it’s moved to the File>Export menu, but there’s some new additions that are a great replacement.
Export, Your New Best Friend?
In the export menu you’ll find a couple of new menu items;
Quick export as PNG: This option will save your image as a PNG without the dialogue box, instead it heads straight to the Save Location dialogue. More of this in a moment.
Export As : A simplified Save For Web type dialogue box where you can change file type, size etc. There’s a handy link here for more information for exporting Artboards, Layers and full documents.
Export Preferences : This option brings up the Preferences dialogue and allows you to set a couple of options for the Quick Export above.
Here you can set what file format the Quick Export will take and if to open the Save Location dialogue box. Really helpful if you’re creating a lot of files and want them to be in the same location.
- Tippy’s Quiz Night: Photoshop Selections
- Introducing Tippy’s Quiz Night!
- What’s What? Live! Discovering Passion, Resilience, and Nordic Workshops with Special Guest Dave Williams
- Social Media Image Sizing with Adobe Express
- From Stanford to Lynda, then LinkedIn Learning and Adobe. Jan Kabili’s Journey
- 3 Photoshop Techniques for Effortless Social Media Sizing
- Unveiling the Multifaceted World of Technology and Creativity with David McClelland
- New Things and Reminiscing. What’s What? Live! with Special Guest Dave Cross
- Unlocking Creativity: Exploring Adobe Express with Jordan Dené Ellis
- Exploring Comics and Mental Health: A Livestream Chat with Lucy Sullivan