Making images look like movie stills has always been a favourite of many, but with LUTs, or Look Up Tables, we can add a cinematic look in a click or two.
Step 1 :
With an image open, in this case #35090415 – Couple in sports car by Monkey Business at Fotolia, the first thing to do is crop it to a film ration of 16:9
Adding a Look Up Table is easy, select the Adjustments panel or choose Window > Adjustments if it isn’t already on the screen.
From the drop down menu choose an effect. Depending on your image some LUTs will work better than others so it’s worth giving a few a try;
Because this is an Adjustment Layer you can change finesse this further. Maybe with a Blending Mode;
And maybe reduce the Opacity if it’s a little strong;
With the top layer selected click the bottom layer and right click. Choose Convert to Smart Object;
Then choose Camera Raw Filter from the Filter menu
There’s lots of tweaks we can make here, for this image I’m adding a Vignette;
I’ll call it done … for now.
- Tippy’s Quiz Night: Photoshop Selections
- Introducing Tippy’s Quiz Night!
- What’s What? Live! Discovering Passion, Resilience, and Nordic Workshops with Special Guest Dave Williams
- Social Media Image Sizing with Adobe Express
- From Stanford to Lynda, then LinkedIn Learning and Adobe. Jan Kabili’s Journey
- 3 Photoshop Techniques for Effortless Social Media Sizing
- Unveiling the Multifaceted World of Technology and Creativity with David McClelland
- New Things and Reminiscing. What’s What? Live! with Special Guest Dave Cross
- Unlocking Creativity: Exploring Adobe Express with Jordan Dené Ellis
- Exploring Comics and Mental Health: A Livestream Chat with Lucy Sullivan