There are endless ways to create abstract images, but here’s one that’s just fun. This abstract Photoshop technique has you interacting with the image, pushing pixels around, and it can be as much fun as finger painting, but without all the mess.
The way this works is to start with an image that has vibrant colors and a bit of contrast and texture, then warp and manipulate layers, blending the results together using the Photoshop layer blend modes. You’ll never know where you’ll end up when you start, but the exploration is half the fun.
This abstract Photoshop technique is flexible and extensible, and you can add on to your heart’s content. In this video, I even go so far as to take a copy of the image and wrap it onto a 3D sphere to add some additional geometric surrealism.
- Tippy’s Quiz Night: Photoshop Selections
- Introducing Tippy’s Quiz Night!
- What’s What? Live! Discovering Passion, Resilience, and Nordic Workshops with Special Guest Dave Williams
- Social Media Image Sizing with Adobe Express
- From Stanford to Lynda, then LinkedIn Learning and Adobe. Jan Kabili’s Journey
- 3 Photoshop Techniques for Effortless Social Media Sizing
- Unveiling the Multifaceted World of Technology and Creativity with David McClelland
- New Things and Reminiscing. What’s What? Live! with Special Guest Dave Cross
- Unlocking Creativity: Exploring Adobe Express with Jordan Dené Ellis
- Exploring Comics and Mental Health: A Livestream Chat with Lucy Sullivan