Add Depth To Photoshop Shapes
Photoshop ships with a number of shapes, but they can often seem a little ‘flat’. In this video I add various shading, and text, to a banner to give it some depth.
- An Introduction to Adobe Dimension
- Photoshop Content Aware Scale
- Resetting Text Attributes to Their Default in Photoshop
- Photoshop’s Share Button
- Adding Snow with After Effects and Photoshop
- Animated Handwriting Techniques
- Adobe Essential Graphics
- Accessing Technology Previews in Lightroom CC Mobile
- The Details Panel in Photoshop Shake Reduction
- Dynamic Repeat Grids in Adobe Xd
I can think of a possible improvement on that technique for creating the 3D-ish ribbon – rather than convert the ribbon shape, shadow and clipped shading to a new layer, convert it to a Smart Object instead. That way, you can go back later to change the colour of the ribbon.
You’re absolutely right Alan, Smart Objects are a great way to work. This video is a demonstration of a technique rather than a definitive way to do a particular job though.