Transform a photo into an illustration / oil painting with this clever Photoshop trick. The technique gives fine details the appearance of brush strokes, and looks fantastic when applied to a wide range of different images. It’s a lot of fun, and can totally reinvigorate your approach to processing photos.
converting a photo into an illustration using this technique takes a few minutes. This is simply because of the multiple Photoshop Filters that are required to apply the effect. So you’re probably wondering why you wouldn’t just use the Oil paint filter that has just made a return to Photoshop CC. The honest answer is that this effect is simply different. They both apply a different effect to images, so you can decide which works best for each individual image.
Check out these Photoshop Actions
Would you like to apply this effect at the click of a button? You can buy this effect, along with an instant sketch effect by FilterEfex on Creative Market.
- An Introduction to Adobe Dimension
- Photoshop Content Aware Scale
- Resetting Text Attributes to Their Default in Photoshop
- Photoshop’s Share Button
- Adding Snow with After Effects and Photoshop
- Animated Handwriting Techniques
- Adobe Essential Graphics
- Accessing Technology Previews in Lightroom CC Mobile
- The Details Panel in Photoshop Shake Reduction
- Dynamic Repeat Grids in Adobe Xd