Greetings & Salutations!
I hope everyone had a wonderful week. Today I have a quick tip regarding Photoshop Smart Filters. In my travels I’ve met many folks who use Smart Filters, and they enjoy the ability to non-destructively apply filters. The capability to adjust filter settings and/or mask a filter provide for a number of creative possibilities. However, I’m surprised at the number of folks who don’t know that Smart Filters also have blending options.
1. Notice the icon to edit Smart Filter blending options. Double-click on the icon to open the dialogue control.
2. In the blending options dialogue you can now adjust opacity on the entire filter INSTEAD of adjusting the layer mask. You can also set various blend mode options. In this case, with an Unsharp Mask filter applied, the blend mode has been changed to Luminosity to prevent color shifting in the image.
Next time you apply a Smart Filter give the blending options a try. Have a great weekend everyone!
- Tippy’s Quiz Night: Photoshop Selections
- Introducing Tippy’s Quiz Night!
- What’s What? Live! Discovering Passion, Resilience, and Nordic Workshops with Special Guest Dave Williams
- Social Media Image Sizing with Adobe Express
- From Stanford to Lynda, then LinkedIn Learning and Adobe. Jan Kabili’s Journey
- 3 Photoshop Techniques for Effortless Social Media Sizing
- Unveiling the Multifaceted World of Technology and Creativity with David McClelland
- New Things and Reminiscing. What’s What? Live! with Special Guest Dave Cross
- Unlocking Creativity: Exploring Adobe Express with Jordan Dené Ellis
- Exploring Comics and Mental Health: A Livestream Chat with Lucy Sullivan