Lightroom 5 Beta became free to download as from today (Monday 15th April 2013). This beta offers a free, public preview of new features and tools that will be offered in the final release, expected later this year.
Advanced Healing Brush allows users to heal imperfections and remove distracting elements
No more healing circular areas, now you paint over what you want to remove and ONLY what to remove.
Upright tool analyses an image to automatically level horizons and straighten objects like buildings to correct a keystone effect
Watching this new tool do it’s thing made me vocalise an expletive, quite extraordinary how quickly and accurately angles are corrected!
Radial Gradient tool creates off-centre or multiple vignette effects
Lightroom users can now target specifically where they want to draw the eye thanks to this great new feature.
Smart Previews allow customers to edit images without needing the original raw file
Lightroom can use the off line version of your image and alter the sidecar file, then apply it when the drive with the correct file is connected. Great for editing on the go!
Video slideshow enables customers to combine still images, video clips and music in a creative HD slideshow
In Lightroom 5 slideshows run seamlessly even if the include video, it just starts playing when you get to it.
Upgrades to the Book module enhancing the ability to create, customise and order elegant photo books using a variety of tailored templates
Is This Beta Download Fully Featured?
Yes, Adobe has offered Lightroom 5 for public preview and testing prior to the final release. Adobe encourages customers to provide comments through its community forums on both new and legacy features. Feedback offered may be integrated into updates added before the final version of the software is released.
- Tippy’s Quiz Night: Photoshop Selections
- Introducing Tippy’s Quiz Night!
- What’s What? Live! Discovering Passion, Resilience, and Nordic Workshops with Special Guest Dave Williams
- Social Media Image Sizing with Adobe Express
- From Stanford to Lynda, then LinkedIn Learning and Adobe. Jan Kabili’s Journey
- 3 Photoshop Techniques for Effortless Social Media Sizing
- Unveiling the Multifaceted World of Technology and Creativity with David McClelland
- New Things and Reminiscing. What’s What? Live! with Special Guest Dave Cross
- Unlocking Creativity: Exploring Adobe Express with Jordan Dené Ellis
- Exploring Comics and Mental Health: A Livestream Chat with Lucy Sullivan