Photoshop Lightroom is, as any of the Nuts will tell you is an amazing piece of software both as a stand alone application or a compliment to Photoshop or Photoshop Elements.
Like all powerful software it can be a bit daunting when you first open it, so maybe a good book would help?
Focus On Photoshop Lightroom by Dave Stevenson and Nik Rawlinson is a great introduction to Lightroom.
The information in this book is deceptively deep, when flicking through the eye is caught by coloured boxes, hand written notes and post it note type tips, but opening it and looking at it properly you find that these compliment the text incredibly well.
The 9 chapters are split into sub headings which helps any newcomer to work steadily through the book learning in easily digestible chunks. There’s plenty of screenshots to make sure you know where you should be at, complimented with some stunning photography, I’m guessing to instil a ‘look what you can achieve’ feel.
There’s no photographs of weddings or portraits in the book, and that surprises me as these are areas that I know Lightroom is used extensively. The techniques shown can, of course, be used in these situations but it would have been nice to have some actual examples.
Its great to see that Lightroom’s movie capabilities haven’t been left out, with a chapter devoted to editing movies. With so many DSLRs able to take HD footage Lightroom is only set to expand in this area.
All in all, a very well laid out and written book, easy to read and well illustrated. As mentioned at the top of this article, Lightroom is a brilliant companion to Photoshop Elements so you may also want to check out Focus On Photoshop Elements by our very own David Asch.
- Tippy’s Quiz Night: Photoshop Selections
- Introducing Tippy’s Quiz Night!
- What’s What? Live! Discovering Passion, Resilience, and Nordic Workshops with Special Guest Dave Williams
- Social Media Image Sizing with Adobe Express
- From Stanford to Lynda, then LinkedIn Learning and Adobe. Jan Kabili’s Journey
- 3 Photoshop Techniques for Effortless Social Media Sizing
- Unveiling the Multifaceted World of Technology and Creativity with David McClelland
- New Things and Reminiscing. What’s What? Live! with Special Guest Dave Cross
- Unlocking Creativity: Exploring Adobe Express with Jordan Dené Ellis
- Exploring Comics and Mental Health: A Livestream Chat with Lucy Sullivan