A great colour swatch can make things so much easier when you’re designing a web page, correcting skin tone or creating from scratch
Creating swatches is easy, but with the integration of Kuler it just got a whole heap easier.
Heres a quick overview from Tutcast
A more in depth colour tutorial came from LayersTV at the beginning of February, RC covers swatches and Kuler.
Here’s a little tip that’s helped me out a few times;
Easily Select A Colour’s Compliment Colour
This really is far easier than you might think.
So here we are, we’ve been using a nice purple colour, but we want the compliment. We open the Colour Picker pallet by clicking on the Set Foreground Colour icon
Then, see the LAB settings? Calm down, its ok. We’re not going to go into LAB just take advantage of it’s colour wheel;
Leave the L (luminance) setting alone, but change the a and b to their opposite. If its a + make it -,if – then make it +.
So in our case, 30 becomes -30 and -44 become 44
Which gives us a deep green, it’s exact opposite.
A simple tip but even if you don’t choose the exact opposite, its a good place to start.
There are times when you see something and you slap your forehead in a “Why didn’t I think of that?” These have often happened when I’ve watched Dave Cross, he just seems to make it look so easy!
Anywho, today saw a link that I was blown over by,
Also worth a look; Animal Silhouettes in Vector Format: The (Almost) Ultimate Collection, a really cool collection.
Well, Thursday is coming to an end. Tomorrow I am thinking of starting themed days. Friday will be; “Why I’m A Fan of…… Friday”
Find out who or what tomorrow.
Oh, and yep the today’s title is a quote:
“Well crack out the Crayolas and color me in tickled pink”
See you tomorrow
- Tippy’s Quiz Night: Photoshop Selections
- Introducing Tippy’s Quiz Night!
- What’s What? Live! Discovering Passion, Resilience, and Nordic Workshops with Special Guest Dave Williams
- Social Media Image Sizing with Adobe Express
- From Stanford to Lynda, then LinkedIn Learning and Adobe. Jan Kabili’s Journey
- 3 Photoshop Techniques for Effortless Social Media Sizing
- Unveiling the Multifaceted World of Technology and Creativity with David McClelland
- New Things and Reminiscing. What’s What? Live! with Special Guest Dave Cross
- Unlocking Creativity: Exploring Adobe Express with Jordan Dené Ellis
- Exploring Comics and Mental Health: A Livestream Chat with Lucy Sullivan