So here is a a recent conversation my Human PA Thingy had with a customer this week:
|I was wondering if you could do anything with this photo?
|Sure, what was it you had in mind?
|Well, I thought you could take out the stuff on the table?
|Yeah no problem, what would you like there instead?
|When I take that away, what would you like in it’s place?
|Just an empty table?
|You want the table taken away? I would have to build up the legs of the people behind, thats a major job
|I’m confused, you want NOTHING there?
|Just a blank spot?
|No, I was hoping you could Photoshop it
|Yes, I can
|Just air brush it away
|But leaving what in its place?
|There has to be something there
|[thinks] how about leaving the table, but with nothing on it?
And on the TV panel show QI, reffering to a picture of someone ‘French’
“Is he supposed to have a cigarette in his hand? I guess they must have photoshopped it out”
It didn’t occur to this person it would be easier to use a different picture than to Photoshop it out
photoshop (v.)“to edit an image using a computer program,” 1992, originally in ref. to Photoshop, a bitmap graphics editor trademarked and published by Adobe, released in 1990.”
The verb to photoshop has become such a throw away word now that those who don’t Photoshop are under the assumption that it is some point-and-click-work-is-done-program. For goodness sake, don’t them tell them there’s a Magic Wand tool!
Then there’s the other downer. Create a wonderful image and you get the look down the nose and “oh no, I prefer more traditional ways to create my art”, (to which i assume they mean a bit of charcoal on a cave wall).
[I have deleted about 5 paragraphs from here, I think you get what I am getting at]
What I am trying to say is this, if you are a newbie to Photoshop, welcome along. You have a lot of work ahead of you. If you are already an accomplished photoshopper or digital artist, I salute you, I admire your dedication and appreciate what you have achieved. One day, I hope they will too.
Busy time for magazines this week, today saw Advanced Photoshop on the shelves. Again no cover pic, I could scan it I guess… but err… too lazy.
As always your comments, suggestions, links and criticisms are not only desired but needed.
Have a great weekend, I may blog over the weekend, that depends on how much acorn wine I can find.
May the Vibrancy’s slider of life be stuck on +100
- Tippy’s Quiz Night: Photoshop Selections
- Introducing Tippy’s Quiz Night!
- What’s What? Live! Discovering Passion, Resilience, and Nordic Workshops with Special Guest Dave Williams
- Social Media Image Sizing with Adobe Express
- From Stanford to Lynda, then LinkedIn Learning and Adobe. Jan Kabili’s Journey
- 3 Photoshop Techniques for Effortless Social Media Sizing
- Unveiling the Multifaceted World of Technology and Creativity with David McClelland
- New Things and Reminiscing. What’s What? Live! with Special Guest Dave Cross
- Unlocking Creativity: Exploring Adobe Express with Jordan Dené Ellis
- Exploring Comics and Mental Health: A Livestream Chat with Lucy Sullivan