Photoshop is such a massive and versatile program that its amazing that a book would be needed aimed at a specific group of users. The truth is, the tools and filters in Photoshop are so vast and flexible that this is probably the only way to learn the software.
What makes this book stand out against others in this genre is what it isn’t. What this book isn’t is a series of steps to achieve a certain outcome. There’s a few in there, but what this book does is something I appreciate greatly, it tells the reader why you do something.
What this book isn’t is a series of the authors work with a small section given over to the bare minimum of explanation. In fact, this book is surprisingly wordy with detail and column inches given to understanding exactly what you’ll need to know for your own projects.
Coming in at 712 pages (plus index) this isn’t for the faint-hearted. It’s easy to compare this to The Missing Manual by Lesa Snider, and if you read my review of that you’ll know that thats high praise indeed. However,this book comes at the subject a little differently and, as the name suggests, more specifically.
Starting at Photoshop Installation and moving through large sections on sharpening, masking and printing this book is a one stop for getting the most out of your images.
Written by Photoshop Hall of Famer Martin Evening you know you’re in safe hands. Martin’s work is internationally recognised and his style is one that inspires. The examples in this book are Martin’s work and its great to understand the workflow as well as the techniques of one of Photography’s finest.
Adobe Photoshop CC for Photographers is available now:
- Paperback: 816 pages
- Publisher: Focal Press; 1 edition (5 July 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0415711754
- ISBN-13: 978-0415711753
- Animated Handwriting Techniques
- Adobe Essential Graphics
- Accessing Technology Previews in Lightroom CC Mobile
- The Details Panel in Photoshop Shake Reduction
- Dynamic Repeat Grids in Adobe Xd
- Create Easy Repeat Grids in Adobe Xd – And Make a Photo Grid for Instagram
- Free Social Media Templates
- 5 Things Adobe Sensei Can Do For You Right now
- TipSquirrel Recommends : Introduction to Graphic Design
- Create an Animated GIF in Photoshop