AJ Wood returns with a follow up to his popular post Ten Things Beginners Should Know in Lightroom with an updated Lightroom 4 edition.
These are AJ’s ‘must know’s’, do you have any of your own you want to share? Drop them in the comments and we’ll compile them for a future post.
In the meantime, here’s Ten More Things About Lightroom..
10. Press the Tab key to make side panels disappear, SHIFT+TAB to make side panels, top module links, and bottom film strip disappear.
9. Pressing F5, F6, F7, F8 individually will turn off the top, bottom, left & right panels.
8. You can customize the Lightroom Identity Plate by choosing from the menu Lightroom->Identity Plate Setup on a Mac or Edit->Identity Plate Setup on a PC.
7. You just moved from Lightroom 3 to Lightroom 4 – FLAGS ARE GLOBAL. This means images are no longer “unflagged” when added to a Collection.
6. Press the \ (Backslash) key to toggle Before/After previews in the Develop module.
5. Press the Y key to see a side-by-side preview in the Develop module.
4. Press the O key to toggle brush overlay on/off when using the Adjustment Brush.
2. Make a virtual copy by pressing CMD+’ (apostrophe) on a Mac or CTRL+’ (apostrophe) on a PC.
1. Use the +/- (plus & minus) keys to quickly size thumbnails when in Grid view in the Library module.
- Tippy’s Quiz Night: Photoshop Selections
- Introducing Tippy’s Quiz Night!
- What’s What? Live! Discovering Passion, Resilience, and Nordic Workshops with Special Guest Dave Williams
- Social Media Image Sizing with Adobe Express
- From Stanford to Lynda, then LinkedIn Learning and Adobe. Jan Kabili’s Journey
- 3 Photoshop Techniques for Effortless Social Media Sizing
- Unveiling the Multifaceted World of Technology and Creativity with David McClelland
- New Things and Reminiscing. What’s What? Live! with Special Guest Dave Cross
- Unlocking Creativity: Exploring Adobe Express with Jordan Dené Ellis
- Exploring Comics and Mental Health: A Livestream Chat with Lucy Sullivan