Putting Fire in Your Hands with Photoshop
Download the pictures of fire and hands and bring them into Photoshop.
First we want to remove the daisy from the hands, make a new Layer above the hands Layer and select the Clone Stamp Tool. In the options bar select the sample to Current and bellow, next clone out the daisy.
Bring the Fire picture into the hand picture by dragging it to the New Layer icon while holding Alt / Opt and selecting the hand picture from the dialogue.
Add a reveal all Layer Mask (Layer>Layer Mask>Reveal all) to the fire layer and mask away some of the outer edge and unwanted parts of the fire leaving the flames.
Set the Layer Blending mode to Screen.
The fire is a little pale so we duplicate the layer and change the Blending mode to Overlay.
Add a Levels Adjustment above the hand Layer and change the settings so they read 0, 0.58 & 255.
Finally mask out some of the adjusted level around the fire to give the impression of light.
- Create a Captivating Animation for Social Media Using Adobe Character Animator for FREE
- An Introduction to Adobe Dimension
- Photoshop Content Aware Scale
- Resetting Text Attributes to Their Default in Photoshop
- Photoshop’s Share Button
- Adding Snow with After Effects and Photoshop
- Animated Handwriting Techniques
- Adobe Essential Graphics
- Accessing Technology Previews in Lightroom CC Mobile
- The Details Panel in Photoshop Shake Reduction
Leave a comment