When I say Easy – I really mean it – easy easy easy easy! 😀 Buttons are cool and can be very effectively used on websites. So lets begin.
New 1024×768 72ppi document – the normal stuff – set forground colour to blue (#00bff3) Grab the elipse tool and while holding Shift draw out a perfect circle
Select the burn tool, setting range to midtones and exposure to 10%. Go over the bottom half of the picture. Then use dodge with the same settings to do the top half of the circle eg…
Finally burn the centre a bit in a circle motion.
select White (#ffffff) as your foreground colour and draw another circle over the top left hand side of the circle. press Control and G to clip this layer to the blue circle layer.
On the white circle layer, click the add layer mask button – within the layer palette. Now use a black to white linear gradient on the layer mask to remove some of the white.
Select the Text Tool and choose an interesting font, set the colour to black and type something eg home.
Lower the fill opacity to 70% and change the blending mode to overlay.
Finally lower the fill opacity of the circle to 70%
You can download the psd file from Here
Hope you enjoyed the tutorial – please feel free to contact me at Mail@simonrudd.info if you have any questions or wish to show me what you’ve made
Find me on Twitter
Please go here if you wish to contact me for work
My Blog updated daily
More of my tutorials Here
- Tippy’s Quiz Night: Photoshop Selections
- Introducing Tippy’s Quiz Night!
- What’s What? Live! Discovering Passion, Resilience, and Nordic Workshops with Special Guest Dave Williams
- Social Media Image Sizing with Adobe Express
- From Stanford to Lynda, then LinkedIn Learning and Adobe. Jan Kabili’s Journey
- 3 Photoshop Techniques for Effortless Social Media Sizing
- Unveiling the Multifaceted World of Technology and Creativity with David McClelland
- New Things and Reminiscing. What’s What? Live! with Special Guest Dave Cross
- Unlocking Creativity: Exploring Adobe Express with Jordan Dené Ellis
- Exploring Comics and Mental Health: A Livestream Chat with Lucy Sullivan