I found out today (well about ½ hour ago) that it was my turn to write – eeep! I thought, “I’ve not prepared anything” So here I show you a very easy (and quick!) way of creating engraved looking text.
First create a new document sized 1024×768 then Reset the swatch colours to default by pressing D on your keyboard. Fill the background with Clouds – Filter>Render>Clouds.
Next add some Noise by going to Filter>Noise>Add Noise 25%, Distribution Gaussian and tick Monochrome.
Go to Filter>Blur>Motion Blur Angle 0°, Distance 100 pixels
Add some text on a new layer, I used the Font “Over the Rainbow”
Next we want to add a Bevel and Emboss Layer style, set style to Pillow Emboss, and depth to 50.
Lower the Fill of the layer down to 15%
Finally use a large soft edge brush with the opacity set to around 20%, set the foreground colour to black. Now brush out the corners to make them slightly darker 😀
I hope you like this tutorial 😀
- Tippy’s Quiz Night: Photoshop Selections
- Introducing Tippy’s Quiz Night!
- What’s What? Live! Discovering Passion, Resilience, and Nordic Workshops with Special Guest Dave Williams
- Social Media Image Sizing with Adobe Express
- From Stanford to Lynda, then LinkedIn Learning and Adobe. Jan Kabili’s Journey
- 3 Photoshop Techniques for Effortless Social Media Sizing
- Unveiling the Multifaceted World of Technology and Creativity with David McClelland
- New Things and Reminiscing. What’s What? Live! with Special Guest Dave Cross
- Unlocking Creativity: Exploring Adobe Express with Jordan Dené Ellis
- Exploring Comics and Mental Health: A Livestream Chat with Lucy Sullivan