Deke McClelland has a great competition running over at his website with some amazing prizes. I’m sorry to say that I’ve left it a little late to write about the first competition, as this finishes tomorrow (31st July 2012). Sadly this is the Photoshop part of the competition.
There’s Another Chance Though
Although the competition moves on to an Illustrator section there’s also an “Anything Goes” section starting on August 14 2012. The guidelines state;
“Create a technique using any software or combination of software you like. How do you cite three Deke’s Techniques as reference when all I use is Photoshop and Illustrator? Remember, “loosely related.” Got a Maya technique? I have more than three Deke’s Techniques that employ 3D, so you’re golden!”
Below is my quickly popped together entry for The Photoshop section, watch at your peril. As I state at the start, I’m not a Graphic Designer nor a Digital artist, but I do like to muck around in Photoshop!
Good luck to all those that enter!
NB The official rules state that : “The competition is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States” however, elsewhere on the site it reads “If you live elsewhere, that’s fine by us. But you’ll need to supply a U.S. address, and then figure out how to get them from there to you.”
- Tippy’s Quiz Night: Photoshop Selections
- Introducing Tippy’s Quiz Night!
- What’s What? Live! Discovering Passion, Resilience, and Nordic Workshops with Special Guest Dave Williams
- Social Media Image Sizing with Adobe Express
- From Stanford to Lynda, then LinkedIn Learning and Adobe. Jan Kabili’s Journey
- 3 Photoshop Techniques for Effortless Social Media Sizing
- Unveiling the Multifaceted World of Technology and Creativity with David McClelland
- New Things and Reminiscing. What’s What? Live! with Special Guest Dave Cross
- Unlocking Creativity: Exploring Adobe Express with Jordan Dené Ellis
- Exploring Comics and Mental Health: A Livestream Chat with Lucy Sullivan