Courtesy of Nut Janine Smith and Lynda.com we’ve got a great prize for you.
Janine’s latest course “Photo restoration With Photoshop” on DVD
Here’s a little about the course;
Professional photo restorer Janine Smith describes how to use Photoshop to restore, retouch, and enhance old or damaged photos. It covers evaluating scanned images for imperfections, using the Clone Stamp tool and other Photoshop tools, and addressing common problems and their fixes, starting with the basics (fading, spots, and paper texture) and continuing with more complex challenges (rips, adhesive tape, ink marks, mold, and more). Also included are methods for fixing exposure problems and colorcast as well as advanced techniques in photo restoration, such as replacing backgrounds and recreating missing facial features and body parts. The course includes a project that takes an image from damaged start to restored finish. Exercise files accompany the course.
- Assessing the damage
- Rebuilding color channels in a grayscale image
- Removing small splits, specks, and spots
- Repairing red eye
- Reassembling torn photos
- Removing stains
- Fixing mold damage
- Understanding the basics of levels and curves
- Correcting color problems
- Repairing and recreating backgrounds
- Sharpening a photo
- Comparing before and after images
All you have to do is use a school photo of yourself in a Christmas card for Janine. The winner will be the one that’s the funniest, cutest, or weirdest!
Janine and TipSquirrel will choose their favourite and announce the winner in our first post of 2012, Monday 2nd January.
ONE entry per person please.
Closing Date : Friday 30th December 2011 (Midnight UK)
No contributors, or relatives of contributors, to TipSquirrel.com may enter.
Our decision is final
By entering you give permission for TipSquirrel.com to publish your picture on TipSquirrel.com.
Your picture will not be published elsewhere.
Send your entries to : firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Lynda Xmas Comp”
- Resetting Text Attributes to Their Default in Photoshop
- Photoshop’s Share Button
- Adding Snow with After Effects and Photoshop
- The Green Room – 1: Stick That in Your Pineapple
- Animated Handwriting Techniques
- Adobe Essential Graphics
- Accessing Technology Previews in Lightroom CC Mobile
- The Details Panel in Photoshop Shake Reduction
- Dynamic Repeat Grids in Adobe Xd
- Create Easy Repeat Grids in Adobe Xd – And Make a Photo Grid for Instagram