Its no secret that I’m a fan of Lynda.com so I was thrilled when one of our Photoshop Nuts was asked to record a course for them. Janine Smith’s course Photoshop Elements 9: Scanning and Restoring Photos went live a little while ago and anyone familiar with her posts on TipSquirrel.com will know what a talent she is.
About Janine’s Course
The course begins with a look at the types of photos that may require restoration, including slides, negatives, prints, and newspaper photos, and options for scanning them. She discusses the types of scanners that are available, from flatbed to film, and the best settings to use for originals. The course then delves into Photoshop Elements tools and techniques to help restore clarity to faded photos and fix problems such as dust, scratches, and tears. Exercise files are included with the course.
- Determining equipment needs
- Scanning negatives, slides, and film
- Importing photos in Photoshop Elements
- Adding captions, keywords, and Smart Tags
- Adjusting contrast
- Fixing fading with Threshold
- Making automatic fixes with guided edit
- Removing dust, spots, and texture with the healing tools
- Repairing rips and tears
- Sharing restored images
lynda.com is the most popular computer-skill educational site online, offering tens of thousands of straightforward, comprehensive instructional videos. The website offers a subscription-based service called the Online Training Library®, as well as CD- and DVD-based video training spanning hundreds of courses and thousands of topics that provide computer and technology skills. The lynda.com Online Training Library® is also available via the free lynda.com iPhone App.
From professional software tools including Photoshop, Flash, Dreamweaver, Logic, Illustrator and Office, to consumer-friendly education about digital photography, Web design, digital video, and many others, lynda.com’s all-star team of trainers and teachers provides comprehensive and unbiased video-based training to a global membership of tens of thousands of subscribers. Members have access to over 53,000 movies in the Online Training Library®, and non-members can sample thousands of training tutorials for free. Learn more at www.lynda.com.
- Photoshop’s Share Button
- Adding Snow with After Effects and Photoshop
- The Green Room – 1: Stick That in Your Pineapple
- Animated Handwriting Techniques
- Adobe Essential Graphics
- Accessing Technology Previews in Lightroom CC Mobile
- The Details Panel in Photoshop Shake Reduction
- Dynamic Repeat Grids in Adobe Xd
- Create Easy Repeat Grids in Adobe Xd – And Make a Photo Grid for Instagram
- Free Social Media Templates