AJ Wood returns with a follow up to his popular post Ten Things Beginners Should Know in Lightroom with an updated Lightroom 4 edition.
These are AJ’s ‘must know’s’, do you have any of your own you want to share? Drop them in the comments and we’ll compile them for a future post.
In the meantime, here’s Ten More Things About Lightroom..
10. Press the Tab key to make side panels disappear, SHIFT+TAB to make side panels, top module links, and bottom film strip disappear.
9. Pressing F5, F6, F7, F8 individually will turn off the top, bottom, left & right panels.
8. You can customize the Lightroom Identity Plate by choosing from the menu Lightroom->Identity Plate Setup on a Mac or Edit->Identity Plate Setup on a PC.
7. You just moved from Lightroom 3 to Lightroom 4 – FLAGS ARE GLOBAL. This means images are no longer “unflagged” when added to a Collection.
6. Press the \ (Backslash) key to toggle Before/After previews in the Develop module.
5. Press the Y key to see a side-by-side preview in the Develop module.
4. Press the O key to toggle brush overlay on/off when using the Adjustment Brush.
2. Make a virtual copy by pressing CMD+’ (apostrophe) on a Mac or CTRL+’ (apostrophe) on a PC.
1. Use the +/- (plus & minus) keys to quickly size thumbnails when in Grid view in the Library module.
- 5 Things Adobe Sensei Can Do For You Right now
- TipSquirrel Recommends : Introduction to Graphic Design
- Create an Animated GIF in Photoshop
- How to Create Rain in Photoshop
- Adding Decal to an Object in Adobe Dimension
- A Simple Magazine Cover Mock Up in Photoshop
- Multiple Layer Styles in Photoshop
- Updates to Adobe Stock
- Did You Forget About Photoshop Express
- How to Create 3D Lego Inspired Bricks in Photoshop and Adobe Project Felix