There’s this thing called LAB, don’t say “lab” though or Mr Margulis will get cross. It is a strange place to be, 3 channels is good but have you seen the colour wheel? This thing has got to be from another planet. And so it seems it is, as the most successful LAB tip available comes from Mars apparently.
The Man From Mars tip in LAB comes direct from the brain of Dan Margulis. A dark place where only LAB can make sense by all accounts, but it is such a great tip I have to mention it here.
If you haven’t come across this technique, head over to the PeachPit tutorial for a little taster, and if that whets you appetite you can see more LAB with Mr Margulis at Kelby Training. I would, its a great tool to have in your Photoshop Arsenal.
Heres one I did earlier taking a snap and only adding LAB “Man From Mars”.
New Course At Kelby Training
Worth a look I think, “Plug-ins for Photoshop: featuring OnOne Software”. On-One is an extraordinary collection to own but can often be a bit daunting. Any help is good help eh. I hope to go through this course soon, I’ll feed back when I do.
Favorites Of The Day
Really like to mention 2 tutorials I saw today and are certainly worth a look:
Podcasts Available Today
Photoshop User TV 175 (Dave back on form!)
Martini Hour With Deke (Fast becoming one of my favorites)
And that’s Tuesday. Have fun, see you tomorrow.
- Resetting Text Attributes to Their Default in Photoshop
- Photoshop’s Share Button
- Adding Snow with After Effects and Photoshop
- The Green Room – 1: Stick That in Your Pineapple
- Animated Handwriting Techniques
- Adobe Essential Graphics
- Accessing Technology Previews in Lightroom CC Mobile
- The Details Panel in Photoshop Shake Reduction
- Dynamic Repeat Grids in Adobe Xd
- Create Easy Repeat Grids in Adobe Xd – And Make a Photo Grid for Instagram