Creating a depth map within Photoshop’s 3D engine is easy, and it’s a great way to allow you to sculpt irregular surfaces. Using black and white similar to dodging and burning, you can lift and push the surface of your 3D object to give it added depth and realism.
This is the 9th installment of my ongoing Photoshop 3D Basics course. If you’re new to 3D in Photoshop and haven’t watched the earlier videos, I’ve created a playlist for easy access. Enjoy!
- Photoshop’s Share Button
- Adding Snow with After Effects and Photoshop
- The Green Room – 1: Stick That in Your Pineapple
- Animated Handwriting Techniques
- Adobe Essential Graphics
- Accessing Technology Previews in Lightroom CC Mobile
- The Details Panel in Photoshop Shake Reduction
- Dynamic Repeat Grids in Adobe Xd
- Create Easy Repeat Grids in Adobe Xd – And Make a Photo Grid for Instagram
- Free Social Media Templates