Greetings & Salutations!
I hope everyone had a wonderful week. Today I have a quick tip regarding Photoshop Smart Filters. In my travels I’ve met many folks who use Smart Filters, and they enjoy the ability to non-destructively apply filters. The capability to adjust filter settings and/or mask a filter provide for a number of creative possibilities. However, I’m surprised at the number of folks who don’t know that Smart Filters also have blending options.
1. Notice the icon to edit Smart Filter blending options. Double-click on the icon to open the dialogue control.
2. In the blending options dialogue you can now adjust opacity on the entire filter INSTEAD of adjusting the layer mask. You can also set various blend mode options. In this case, with an Unsharp Mask filter applied, the blend mode has been changed to Luminosity to prevent color shifting in the image.
Next time you apply a Smart Filter give the blending options a try. Have a great weekend everyone!
- Photoshop’s Share Button
- Adding Snow with After Effects and Photoshop
- The Green Room – 1: Stick That in Your Pineapple
- Animated Handwriting Techniques
- Adobe Essential Graphics
- Accessing Technology Previews in Lightroom CC Mobile
- The Details Panel in Photoshop Shake Reduction
- Dynamic Repeat Grids in Adobe Xd
- Create Easy Repeat Grids in Adobe Xd – And Make a Photo Grid for Instagram
- Free Social Media Templates