Making images look like movie stills has always been a favourite of many, but with LUTs, or Look Up Tables, we can add a cinematic look in a click or two.
Step 1 :
With an image open, in this case #35090415 – Couple in sports car by Monkey Business at Fotolia, the first thing to do is crop it to a film ration of 16:9
Adding a Look Up Table is easy, select the Adjustments panel or choose Window > Adjustments if it isn’t already on the screen.
From the drop down menu choose an effect. Depending on your image some LUTs will work better than others so it’s worth giving a few a try;
Because this is an Adjustment Layer you can change finesse this further. Maybe with a Blending Mode;
And maybe reduce the Opacity if it’s a little strong;
With the top layer selected click the bottom layer and right click. Choose Convert to Smart Object;
Then choose Camera Raw Filter from the Filter menu
There’s lots of tweaks we can make here, for this image I’m adding a Vignette;
I’ll call it done … for now.
- TipSquirrel Recommends : Introduction to Graphic Design
- Create an Animated GIF in Photoshop
- How to Create Rain in Photoshop
- Adding Decal to an Object in Adobe Dimension
- A Simple Magazine Cover Mock Up in Photoshop
- Multiple Layer Styles in Photoshop
- Updates to Adobe Stock
- Did You Forget About Photoshop Express
- How to Create 3D Lego Inspired Bricks in Photoshop and Adobe Project Felix
- 3D Text with Photoshop and Project Felix