Making images look like movie stills has always been a favourite of many, but with LUTs, or Look Up Tables, we can add a cinematic look in a click or two.
Step 1 :
With an image open, in this case #35090415 – Couple in sports car by Monkey Business at Fotolia, the first thing to do is crop it to a film ration of 16:9
Adding a Look Up Table is easy, select the Adjustments panel or choose Window > Adjustments if it isn’t already on the screen.
From the drop down menu choose an effect. Depending on your image some LUTs will work better than others so it’s worth giving a few a try;
Because this is an Adjustment Layer you can change finesse this further. Maybe with a Blending Mode;
And maybe reduce the Opacity if it’s a little strong;
With the top layer selected click the bottom layer and right click. Choose Convert to Smart Object;
Then choose Camera Raw Filter from the Filter menu
There’s lots of tweaks we can make here, for this image I’m adding a Vignette;
I’ll call it done … for now.
- How to Create a Cinematic Look in Photoshop
- How to Create Snow in Photoshop
- Adding Snow to Winter Photos in Photoshop
- Perfect Eyes Photoshop and Lightroom Plugin
- The ‘Gotcha’ of Creating A New Document in Photoshop 2017
- Making a Time-lapse with Photoshop
- Combining Shapes to Make Bespoke Text in Photoshop
- How to Create a Multi-Page PDF in Photoshop
- How to Create a Photoshop Document Template
- Enhancing Autumn Colours with Photoshop