Deke McClelland has a great competition running over at his website with some amazing prizes. I’m sorry to say that I’ve left it a little late to write about the first competition, as this finishes tomorrow (31st July 2012). Sadly this is the Photoshop part of the competition.
There’s Another Chance Though
Although the competition moves on to an Illustrator section there’s also an “Anything Goes” section starting on August 14 2012. The guidelines state;
“Create a technique using any software or combination of software you like. How do you cite three Deke’s Techniques as reference when all I use is Photoshop and Illustrator? Remember, “loosely related.” Got a Maya technique? I have more than three Deke’s Techniques that employ 3D, so you’re golden!”
Below is my quickly popped together entry for The Photoshop section, watch at your peril. As I state at the start, I’m not a Graphic Designer nor a Digital artist, but I do like to muck around in Photoshop!
Good luck to all those that enter!
NB The official rules state that : “The competition is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States” however, elsewhere on the site it reads “If you live elsewhere, that’s fine by us. But you’ll need to supply a U.S. address, and then figure out how to get them from there to you.”
- How to Create Rain in Photoshop
- Adding Decal to an Object in Adobe Dimension
- A Simple Magazine Cover Mock Up in Photoshop
- Multiple Layer Styles in Photoshop
- Updates to Adobe Stock
- Did You Forget About Photoshop Express
- How to Create 3D Lego Inspired Bricks in Photoshop and Adobe Project Felix
- 3D Text with Photoshop and Project Felix
- Scatter 3D Text By Letter in Photoshop
- The Beginners’s Guide to the Pen Tool in Photoshop