Every version of Photoshop seems to do something better and faster then it’s predecessors and Photoshop CS5 is no exception. At a recent photography trade show I spent many happy hours answering Photoshop CS5 related questions, but one topic kept coming up time after time… exactly how much quicker is Photoshop CS5 at selecting hair and fur then CS4?
Photoshop CS5’s new Edge Detection tools are amazingly fast at making tricky selections and basically that means a selection that used to take 30 minutes to create, now takes me less the 5 minutes. But that’s not the whole story, because not only is it quicker it’s also far more accurate and controllable.
Of course it always helps to start with an image that has some contrast between the subject you wish to select and it’s background, but once you’ve seen how quick and intuitive Refine Edge with edge detection is, you’ll want to try it for yourself.
Don’t have Photoshop CS5 yet? Why not download the free 30 day trial from Adobe and give it a go for yourself.
Written explanation of Refine Mask by Mike Hoffman Here
- Resetting Text Attributes to Their Default in Photoshop
- Photoshop’s Share Button
- Adding Snow with After Effects and Photoshop
- The Green Room – 1: Stick That in Your Pineapple
- Animated Handwriting Techniques
- Adobe Essential Graphics
- Accessing Technology Previews in Lightroom CC Mobile
- The Details Panel in Photoshop Shake Reduction
- Dynamic Repeat Grids in Adobe Xd
- Create Easy Repeat Grids in Adobe Xd – And Make a Photo Grid for Instagram