Happy Friday!!! Today I want to share a little known app called the Adobe Tutorial Player for Photoshop. Built with the Photoshop SDK, this app isn’t simply a video player, but an interactive way to practice some quick Photoshop tutorials. It works by using the Remote Connections feature found in Photoshop CS5 & higher. Rather than reading & following the tutorial instructions, you can have the app show you the steps directly in Photoshop.
1. We start by opening Photoshop, and choosing Remote Connections from the Photoshop menu (Mac) or Edit menu (PC).
2. Set the unique service name, password, and check the option to Enable Remote Connections then click OK.
3. Launch Tutorial Player on your iPad. Tap the PS icon in the top right corner to connect to Photoshop.
4. Tap the New button to create a connection. Type the server name or IP address. Type in the password. Tap Connect.
5. Once connected tap the tutorial you wish to view.
6. As you work through the tutorial, you can tap the “Show Me” button within each step to have that action played directly in Photoshop. Completing a step yourself in Photoshop, or using the “Show Me” feature automatically takes you to the next step in the tutorial.
The Adobe Tutorial Player is a free app available on iTunes. Check it out today, and learn some new Photoshop techniques.
- How to Create a Cinematic Look in Photoshop
- How to Create Snow in Photoshop
- Adding Snow to Winter Photos in Photoshop
- Perfect Eyes Photoshop and Lightroom Plugin
- The ‘Gotcha’ of Creating A New Document in Photoshop 2017
- Making a Time-lapse with Photoshop
- Combining Shapes to Make Bespoke Text in Photoshop
- How to Create a Multi-Page PDF in Photoshop
- How to Create a Photoshop Document Template
- Enhancing Autumn Colours with Photoshop